Haha! Gotcha! I bet you thought a day after 4th of July would be all about drinking … well, you are right ! (But it isn’t the kind of “drinking” you were thinking!!)…
It’s Water and here’s the scoop…
Reasons to DRINK MORE WATER…
- Take a shower on the inside! (It flushes out toxins)
- Lube up your joints and muscles
- Improve heart function
- Plump up your skin and make it healthier
- Regulate your body temperature
- Increase your metabolism (burn fat)
- Improve your immune system
- Generate brain power
- Get more energy
- Stay regular (eliminate waste daily)
And how do I do it, you say….???
Tips to Drinking Enough Water:
START YOUR DAY with a glass of water.
- As soon as you get up and go to the bathroom, you should drink a full glass (8-12 ounces) of water. I recommend drinking it with lemon; lemon is good for you and it helps kick up the taste a bit
This will help start your digestive system and helps with elimination.
The average person should drink about half of his or her body weight in water daily. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, you should be consuming about 75 ounces per day. Your water intake should INCREASE if you are exercising or cleansing your body in any way.
If you’re currently not drinking enough water, try adding an 8 ounce glass to what you are currently drinking. When that becomes a habit, add another 8 ounce glass. Continue this process until you are at the recommended amount.
Note that it is best NOT to consume water within an hour of going to bed. Limiting water intake before bed keeps you from waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom
Think water quality doesn’t matter?Ha! Guess again…
Not all water is created equal.
- many city water systems do not filter out all the contaminants and often contain a lot of chlorine and fluoride, both of which are toxic.
- Bottled and filtered water generally remove the contaminants; but also vital minerals.
- Another issue with water (both tap and filtered) is that it is typically acidic (not pH balanced). There are quality filtration systems on the market that soften water, increase the pH (making it more alkaline), remove the bad stuff and still retain the vital minerals. Do your own research to find what is best for you and your family.
Note; your best bet for transporting water is to use a stainless steel or glass container instead of plastic, since plastic can leach chemicals into your water. Bye, bye plastic water bottles! Did you know the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco has 86’d plastic water bottles?
Yes, even in the luxury Marriott concierge club … sure makes it a harder to haul a few bottles to the Giants game. Ah, yes …. but it’s healthier.
Cheers to your good health!