The ChampagneLife2017 Facebook and WordPress editions are getting a facelift! Our new website, ChampagneLife.style, will appear in your newsfeed very shortly!
Beginning August 1, our NEW anti-Aging program that is based on neuroscience and thinking style will be offered for a limited time at a 50% Introductory DISCOUNT!
This certified program is doctor led and provides wellness coaching (and/or Spa retreats) for women 35-60, who will soon be winding down their careers or entering the “empty nest” stage of life.
To be considered for the program, applicants will WANT to make a Transformational change that will ultimately benefit their health, longevity and well-being. Using thinking style preferences based on neuroscience, individuals can learn to effectively lose the weight they gained while “working at the office” or “caring for the kids” and finally get fit, eat right, regain waning confidence and learn calming relaxation techniques.
Using this methodology we can better understand what motivations and techniques best serve you so you can more effectively lose weight, look better, feel sexier and more confident.
Let’s work together to conquer your current issues!With your brain wiring and thinking style preferences in mind, lets tackle your current pain points and rid yourself of the excess baggage that has been bringing you down.
I can’t wait to meet you!!
Want to make a Summer Resolution? No? Ok…
Well… Here’s something to digest anyway …
Focus on Good Nutrition!
Good nutrition can fortify you in more ways than just to feed the fuel and fan the flame
In the FOOD realm:
Make your skin glow, so that you radiate health and beauty
Boost your metabolism, and rebalance your body without spending all day at the gym
Dramatically boost your energy in 28 days
Learn how to incorporate superfoods, to help reduce your sugar cravings
Get a healthy plant based food plan that you can really lean on with ease, but still totally customize to suit your own needs
In your LIFESTYLE realm:
Create healthy quick meals, so that you aren’t eating leftovers or eating in the car (ugh)
Actually make time for yourself in your busy life, so that “me time” becomes a reality, instead of just a nice idea
Have a system of permanent self-care, that you can come back to again and again
Step into more pleasure and fun in your life
In your MINDSET realm,
Shift the go-go mindset that put you on the bottom of the to-do list (if you’re on the list at all!)
Reconnect with what deeply nourishes you
Make this summer a season of loving your body and your life. Say goodbye to your mean mirror-voice
Have more patience, so that you can be the woman you really want to be
From the ANTI-AGING realm,
Drink coffee, it keeps the digestion going, reduces the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s
Eat some fat, good food. It keeps your skin youthful
Drink lots of water (half your body weight – in ounces. If you weigh 110, you should drink 55oz
Eat more fish-the Omega 3s feed the brain
Step back into your sensual self!
Bo out . that’s your Rx!!
Ten Life-Style Preferences and Behaviors the Body doesn’t need
Aging is inevitable, a natural process many of us wish we could avoid. Certain behaviors and lifestyle preferences speed up the process ( too much sun, smoking, stress, poor nutrition, etc.) and leave us looking less than our best. By assessing and modifying lifestyle preferences and behaviors (the body is better without) can help derail or postpone the aging process and improve our odds of reaching the average life expectancy.
Avoidance or modification of adverse behavior further aids in the prevention of disease (or at least reduces the chances) and can improve the quality of life.
While it is normal for people to age as they grow older, premature aging is not normal. Bad health and poor behavioral decision-making plus harmful environmental factors prompt early aging.
Not withstanding, the human body is resilient and can take a lot of punishment. However, people who repeatedly abuse their bodies age more quickly. They generally have less energy, a less than attractive appearance, and typically live shorter lives than those people who take better care of their bodies.ture aging.
Studies have highlighted ten premature-aging factors and behaviors that benefit from modification and uimprove ones’ health and longevity:
1. Cigarettes. People who smoke develop leathery, wrinkled, dry, and sagging skin. You can often pick smokers out of a crowd. Those who are in their 30s, usually look as if they are in their 40s; those who are in their 40s, appear in their 50s; and so on. Toxic chemicals emitted in cigarette smoke (e.g., benzene, formaldehyde, ammonia, acetone, carbon monoxide, arsenic, hydrogen cyanide, lead, carbon monoxide– and the by-products of human-lung-processed second-hand smoke kill cells and are carcinogenic.
2. Disease. Although it may be impossible to avoid certain diseases, it is possible to reduce the chances of getting certain diseases–most notably, communicable diseases. Avoidance of unprotected sex prevents sexually transmitted diseases (syphilis, herpes, gonorrhea, Chlamydia, etc. and avoidance of hypodermic drug usage prevents Hepatitis C and AIDS.
Proper hygiene and hand washing can help protect people against diseases like tuberculosis, hepatitis, meningitis, etc. Other precautionary measures include regular checkups; prompt treatment as soon as peculiar symptoms arise (or test results reveal signs of trouble), and adherence to prescribed treatment.
Once disease is allowed to develop, it can damage other organs and systems within the body. This damage can cause the body to work harder and contribute to the process of premature aging.
Clinical depression affects the body in many negative ways. It has been associated with the development or exacerbation of heart disease, diabetes, obesity, dementia and cancer. It can make the human body less capable of dealing with stress or exhibiting healthy immune responses to certain physiological problems.
Depression has also been known to be connected to inflammation, a known risk factor for many medical problems, e.g. Arthritis, and premature aging.
4. Stress. Many life events cause stress and contribute to harmful effects on the body. Stress prompts the body to produce excessive amounts of certain hormones and biochemical substances, such as adrenalin. It is thereby, no surprise that stress has been linked to life-style Preferences and Behaviors the body is better without.
5. Excessive exposure to the sun and other skin stressors. The ozone layer, radiation and ultraviolet rays damage skin cells.
Even with atmospheric and ozone protection, excessive exposure to the sun and other skin stressors (such as sun-tanning lamps, harsh chemicals, radiation, etc.) can be very damaging to skin cells. The radiant sun also makes cells more susceptible to skin cancer by causing them to age faster than normal.
6. Alcohol use. Alcohol appears to have the same aging effects as cigarette smoke.
Alcohol makes people age quicker by systematically destroying a body’s healthy cells. The inability to keep reproducing new, vibrant cells is what happens when we age. The use of Alcohol and cigarettes speeds up the deterioration of skin cells.
7. Lack of sleep and erratic sleep patterns. The body needs deep REM sleep During sleep, the body has a chance to rebuild cells, give the organs rest, and prepare the body for the next day’s stressors and challenges.
When people don’t get enough sleep (or get the wrong type of sleep), the body undergoes physiological dysfunction. This process, causes people to age faster and perhaps, much faster, if sleep deprivation becomes habitual.
8. Lack of proper nutrition. Our bodies need certain vitamins, minerals and other nutrients on a daily basis. These are best obtained from naturally-grown (i.e., organic) fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, dairy products, and (non-factory farm produced) meats. Vitamin and mineral supplements may be beneficial, but a nutritious diet is often adequate. If we don’t get the proper nutrition we need on a daily basis, our body’s cells can’t regenerate properly, our organs don’t function as well as possible, and other parts of the body atrophy or malfunction, thus aiding in the premature aging process.
9. Exposure to pollutants. Pollution is one of the least controllable factors on this list. There are pollutants in the air, water and in the food we consume on a daily basis. Processed foods are full of preservatives, emulsifiers, taste/appetite enhancers, and special conditioners. Artificial sweeteners have been identified as a group of highly toxic foods which likely aid in damaging cells and in putting unnecessary stressors on our organs. These stressors make our bodies work harder and cuts down on natural biological efficiency and longevity.
While some pollutants may be impossible to avoid (especially those in our air and water), we can definitely take precautions in order to reduce some of the pollution-oriented stresses on our bodies.
Whenever you can, eat raw, organic foods; reduce the amount of processed foods you consume; stick to well-balanced meals. and get involved in and support groups working to reduce pollution and better manage the sources of pollution already in place.
10. Lack of exercise. Experts agree that exercise is probably one of the simplest and most efficient ways to help the human body stay healthy, young and vibrant. exercise can ‘t stop the aging process, but it can help to make the body more efficient, increasing cell reproduction and helping organs function at peak capacity.
Without question, people who exercise on a regular basis live longer, healthier lives. Lack of exercise may make people age faster, even if by no other means than by making the body more susceptible to disease.
These are merely ten reasons to modify your behavior and preferences. How many do you need to change?
Haha! Gotcha! I bet you thought a day after 4th of July would be all about drinking … well, you are right ! (But it isn’t the kind of “drinking” you were thinking!!)…
It’s Water and here’s the scoop…
Reasons to DRINK MORE WATER…
- Take a shower on the inside! (It flushes out toxins)
- Lube up your joints and muscles
- Improve heart function
- Plump up your skin and make it healthier
- Regulate your body temperature
- Increase your metabolism (burn fat)
- Improve your immune system
- Generate brain power
- Get more energy
- Stay regular (eliminate waste daily)
And how do I do it, you say….???
Tips to Drinking Enough Water:
START YOUR DAY with a glass of water.
- As soon as you get up and go to the bathroom, you should drink a full glass (8-12 ounces) of water. I recommend drinking it with lemon; lemon is good for you and it helps kick up the taste a bit
This will help start your digestive system and helps with elimination.
The average person should drink about half of his or her body weight in water daily. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, you should be consuming about 75 ounces per day. Your water intake should INCREASE if you are exercising or cleansing your body in any way.
If you’re currently not drinking enough water, try adding an 8 ounce glass to what you are currently drinking. When that becomes a habit, add another 8 ounce glass. Continue this process until you are at the recommended amount.
Note that it is best NOT to consume water within an hour of going to bed. Limiting water intake before bed keeps you from waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom
Think water quality doesn’t matter?Ha! Guess again…
Not all water is created equal.
- many city water systems do not filter out all the contaminants and often contain a lot of chlorine and fluoride, both of which are toxic.
- Bottled and filtered water generally remove the contaminants; but also vital minerals.
- Another issue with water (both tap and filtered) is that it is typically acidic (not pH balanced). There are quality filtration systems on the market that soften water, increase the pH (making it more alkaline), remove the bad stuff and still retain the vital minerals. Do your own research to find what is best for you and your family.
Note; your best bet for transporting water is to use a stainless steel or glass container instead of plastic, since plastic can leach chemicals into your water. Bye, bye plastic water bottles! Did you know the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco has 86’d plastic water bottles?
Yes, even in the luxury Marriott concierge club … sure makes it a harder to haul a few bottles to the Giants game. Ah, yes …. but it’s healthier.
Cheers to your good health!
Hang tight… a fun post is coming your way – it will certainly brighten your day!
Sign up on my page for newsletters, the haps, program deets and goooodies!!!